Having a friend or loved one in the hospital can be a difficult time. Our goal is to help reduce your stress. In this section, you’ll find all the necessary information to make accompanying a family member or visiting a friend at Mayo Regional Hospital as easy as possible.
Patients (or their designee) have the right to designate which visitors they are willing to receive. It is also the patient’s right to withdraw or deny consent at any time. Mayo ensures that all visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences.
Patients will not be notified of the following reasons that visitors may be restricted, including but not limited to:
• Patient’s need for privacy or rest
• Need for privacy or rest by another individual in the patient’s shared room
• Any court order limiting or restraining contact
• Behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to patient, hospital staff or others in the immediate environment
• Behavior disruptive of the functioning of the patient care unit
• Reasonable limitations on the number of visitors at any one time
• Patient’s risk of infection by the visitor
o All visitors must be free of signs and symptoms of communicable diseases and without fever or visible illness
o Visitors must follow posted infection control guidelines
• Visitor’s risk of infection by the patient
• Extraordinary protections because of pandemic or infectious disease outbreak
• Substance abuse treatment protocols requiring restricted visitation