You will receive the latest in cancer treatment with a personal touch at the Oncology Services Department at Mayo Regional Hospital. We have been providing quality, compassionate medical care to cancer patients since 1978.
We know that vulnerable life experiences such as cancer treatment are challenging and our caring and dedicated medical professionals are mindful to bring warmth and understanding as well as clinical skill to our patients and their families.
You will find convenience is one advantage of our program. If you or someone you love is receiving chemotherapy – – consider staying close to home. We are here to serve our community.
We are currently constructing a new oncology unit in the hospital on the second floor. The anticipated opening date is May 2017.
- Dr. A. Merrill Garrett, Internal Medicine & Medical Oncology travels from Eastern Maine Medical Center’s Cancer Care of Maine to provide monthly oncology consultations for both new & follow up patient visits.
- Dr. Elizabeth Dennis, General Internist & Outpatient Medical Director has been a member of Mayo Regional Hospital medical staff since 2008.
- Staff nurses are Oncology Certified Registered Nurses
- Weekly appointments with local physician overseeing patient care
- Monthly appointments with an Oncologist from Cancer Care of Maine
- Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Symptom Management
- Pain Control
- Outpatient blood transfusion
- Public and patient education
- Coordination with local services
- Outpatient injections and infusions
- Home health
- Support groups
- Lending library (reading and video materials)