Cardiopulmonary Services is a full-service department offering a variety of testing and education programs for the inpatient and outpatient population with heart and lung problems. The department is staffed in-house from 6 a.m. to 4:30 pm Monday- Friday, with on-call coverage after hours.
- Respiratory therapy services include nebulizer therapy, chest physiotherapy, oxygen delivery, non-invasive and mechanical ventilation.
- Mayo Sleep Lab: Diagnosis and treatment of obstructive and central sleep apnea and other sleep disorders. Home diagnostic sleep studies with home sleep box.
- Holter monitoring and scanning: a 24-hour test to diagnose cardiac arrhythmias.
- 12 Lead EKGs
- Cardiac stress testing: a cardiac test using a treadmill to diagnose cardiac abnormalities.
- Nuclear stress testing: a treadmill test used with nuclear scanning & pharmacological stress testing to diagnose cardiac abnormalities.
- Complete Pulmonary function testing: diffusion and breathing tests used to diagnose lung diseases such as asthma, emphysema or bronchitis.
- Asthma education is a comprehensive program to identify triggers, disease severity, components of the airway, manage symptoms, maintenance, and acute medications.
- Smoking Cessation Counseling: both inpatient and outpatient.
- Vascular Studies: a test to assess the functional impact of patients with peripheral artery/vascular disease.
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Overnight Pulse Oximetry