- Phone: 207-564-4394
- Fax: 207-564-4375
- Department Manager:
- 897 West Main Street
- Dover-Foxcroft , ME 04426
Cardiopulmonary Services is a full-service department offering a variety of testing and education programs for the inpatient and outpatient population with heart and lung problems. The department is staffed in-house from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days per week, with on-call coverage after hours.
Five full-time and three per diem respiratory care practitioners staff the department. All are certified and/or registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care and licensed to practice by the State of Maine Board for Respiratory Care.
List of services:
- Respiratory therapy services include nebulizer therapy, chest physiotherapy, oxygen delivery, non-invasive and mechanical ventilation.
- Mayo Sleep lab: Diagnosis and treatment of obstructive and central sleep apnea and other sleep disorders.
- Holter monitoring and scanning: a 24-hour test to diagnose cardiac arrhythmias.
- 30-day event monitoring: a cardiac monitor worn for 30 days to diagnose cardiac arrhythmias.
- 12 Lead EKGs
- Cardiac stress testing: a cardiac test using a treadmill to diagnose cardiac abnormalities.
- Nuclear stress testing: a treadmill test used with nuclear scanning to diagnose cardiac abnormalities.
- Echocardiography: an ultrasound test to indicate cardiac abnormalities and function.
- Complete Pulmonary function testing: diffusion and breathing tests used to diagnose lung diseases such as asthma, emphysema or bronchitis.
- Asthma education: is a comprehensive program to identify triggers, disease severity, components of the airway, manage symptoms, maintenance and acute medications.
- Smoking Cessation Counseling: both inpatient and outpatient.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: a twelve-week program of education and exercise for people who have chronic lung disease.
- Vascular Studies: a test to assess the functional impact of patients with peripheral artery/vascular disease.